Ramblings of a Flower Addict

A blog for one who should, in theory, not have a blog.

Monday, April 24, 2006

"The Mower"

There has been much activity since the last time I posted. As you all know, we are in the process of moving to the farm and if you have read Geek Acres, you have found that there have been some interesting times.

As Duane mentioned, his parents bought us a new mower as a house warming gift. Although I appreciate it, it makes me feel guilty. They really do give us too much. I have always believed in working for what I have and am still trying to get used to the Key's family tradition of extravagant giving.

Back to the mower though.... I have always been the lawn mower for our family. I enjoy it and Duane hates it.... so he cleans house and I do yardwork. Now we have "the mower" and I fear that my mowing days are over. I'll have to get up at daylight to beat him to the mower!

As it is, I am at home doing the packing, which I really don't mind. Have you ever noticed how many odds and ends things you end up with? I try to pack like item with like item. Some things however, just don't fit in anywhere. I will probably end up with a couple of boxes of miscellaneous stuff. It drives me crazy, but what can you do?

I am really looking forward to a big garden at the farm. I'm thinking about trying my hand at some unusual and exotic vegetables. I might even go to some of the farmer's markets.

At last I can plant asparagus!!! I'm going to have several different varieties. Really looking forward to a return to a simpler life. Which reminds me of a trip we took to Mansfield yesterday. More on that later.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home