Ramblings of a Flower Addict

A blog for one who should, in theory, not have a blog.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Blissfully Perfect Weekend...almost

This was the best weekend I have had in a long, long time. Everyone at work was in a really good mood on Friday so we started off the weekend well. Friday night I met a friend of mine for dinner at Tong's. My favorite place to eat and dinner with a friend that I had not seen in a couple of years....I didn't realize how much I had missed her until we got together again. We were joined by a good friend of hers and lots of laughs ensued.

Saturday morning, Duane woke me up with a cup of coffee! He had let me sleep in a little bit and had fed the dogs. Needless to say that was a VERY good start to my day.

We got to the farm at about 9:30 and had only been there a short time when the neighbor drove up to tell us that one of his mares had foaled. It only took a couple of minutes (and strides) to cover the short distance between our house and theirs to see that new baby. What a cutie she is!

After lots of horse talk and as much horse "fragrance" as I could inhale, we started back to our farm. Coy Dan (the neighbor) offered to give us a ride home as it was starting to sprinkle and ended up taking us to his other pasture to see the rest of his horses.

It was love at first sight and now "Socks" is the newest member of the Keys family. She is a two year old, but loves people. I am really looking forward to training young horses again. There is something very rewarding for me in teaching a young horse. Just to watch them learn is fascinating.




We came back to Springfield pleasantly tired and with plans to do it all over again today. We got back out to the farm a little later this morning (Duane woke me up with a cup of coffee again after letting me sleep even later) and had been there maybe 15-20 minutes when Coy Dan drove up again. Another foal!
This little filly is a full sister to my "Socks" and they both have their mama's 4 white feet. We didn't get much painting done this weekend and I am getting a little worried about having enough time, but I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home